52 fridays: 01|52 self portrait

52 fridays??  from what i've gathered,  52 fridays was the vision of stephanie moore - a photographer currently based in memphis, tn.  in the first week of this year, she and 19 other awesome photographers revealed an exciting take on the popular 52 week photography project.  they made plans to do it together - a new theme each week - beginning with a tough and revealing self portrait assignment.  the idea seriously went viral.  today all over the blogosphere, you'll find at least 100 and likely counting photographers taking on similar projects in blog circles of 10 -20.  long story short,  i too love the idea and have  paired with 16 other girls  to do the same. together, we have committed to capturing and posting one photo a week with a common theme - on fridays, each linking to a different photographer with a different take on the theme. the group includes photographers of all skill levels - several pros.  so yeah, i'm way out of my league, but excited nonetheless. i think this will get me to thinking more creatively and i'm honestly excited to have the opportunity to get to know these 16 girls throughout the year...

so...if you've ever been really excited and nervous at the same time.  you can relate to me in this moment.  below is the very first snapshot i took of myself in "practicing" for a self-portrait.  in the in the end...i'm going with this.  my first test shot.  it's me.  at my core, i'm a tank top and jeans laid back girly girl.  the only thing that's missing is my favorite jcrew flip flops :)

now keep this blog circle rolling and  head on over to the fabulous shea's blog - peep eye designs.  check out how adorable she is!  i'm so looking forward to meeting her next month!

see you next friday.

27 comments:

Simply Shauna said...

OH, I love this, Hope! So soft and sweet... beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Hope, this is beautiful, love the processing too! Love me some Jcrew too! Hugs, Gigi

Unknown said...

Oh, Hope, you are just too cute for words! I love this image. And I'm quite sure you are not out of your league.

Lisa Turner said...

I love the post proc here...very soft. And your expression!

Jayme Franklin said...

Hope, you are GORGEOUS! I love the chair and the post processing! You know I am going to come to you with pp advice, you have such amazing style!

wenderful said...

Wow! Love your processing on this and that chair. Amazing. And you are way too cute, Hope. :)

Kelly said...

Hope! Your expression is adorable! And you are exactly where you need and should be. Fabulous start to the project!

Anonymous said...

You are so cute! I am a t-shirt and jeans kind of girl myself! Excited to meet you next month too!!

Hannah Mayo said...

This is just adorable Hope! I am so excited to get to know you over the course of the year.

Anonymous said...

LOve this image! You look beautiful! Can't wait to see more from you next week!

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is so beautiful. the processing is wonderful!

melissa deakin said...

hi hope!
oh, i love this!
i love that it totally captures you and you are looking at a camera!
wonderful work.
looking forward to the next 51 weeks!

Twin A said...

Love it! And your little blog header cameras are super cute!

maureenwilson | mccomb mississippi photographer said...

love how laid back this is!! can't wait to meet you irl!! (and its working perfectly now!!)

Jules said...

so stinkin' cute! love this!

Kristen said...

Love this!!! You look so relaxed and happy!!! :)

Stacey S said...

Stunning and gorgeous you are! I can't wait to see more as the weeks unfld........ :)

Emily Horton said...

This is the perfect shot! Can I just say that I am having serious chair-envy? That is one awesome chair. Beautiful photo! Can't wait to get to know you better this year! :)
(also, I didn't know the Project 52 history... thank you for that!)

Jenn Swartz said...

I feel like I've gotten to know you jsut looking at this one image. Love this!

{katrina} said...

Love! You are gorgeous! I love this idea! I may have to play too!

Linsey said...

Very cute! I love it! You look so relaxed and happy. Very genuine. Can I also say how much I LOVE your blog?! Those little cameras are SO cute!!!

GINGER said...

So beautiful...love the processing!!

Susie said...

This is fab! I love the processing and REAL feel of it. Nicely done!!

Anonymous said...

Awe, I didn't know you had this blog! Your other one shows up in your link back on my blog comments. Well I'm glad I found this one! You're beautiful!

Renee said...

What a fabulous self portrait! & you're right, we can all relate to this moment although I think I was covering my eyes

Nicole Peterson said...

Ok you have to tell me two secrets:

1) How you took the picture. I still can't do a self portrait
2) How do you stay so young looking? :)

G K said...

You are so beautiful! Girl, how many blogs do you have? :)

I'm following them all. I love your work, your personality, your writing, and looking at your adorable girls! :)

Post a Comment

Followers