52 fridays 07 | 52 new / beginnings

this week's theme is new.  last weekend i did something new and completely out of character.  i met up with 25 other girls for bloom's face 2 face workshop having met none of the girls in real life.  this would be new.  every bit of logic told me i was crazy, but for whatever reason, i went.  i won't lie and say that i didn't contemplate backing out - worry over not being a "real" photographer, worry over being out of my league, and admittedly a wee bit of "not fitting in".  but that wasn't my purpose in going.  i wanted to go, because i honestly am passionate about my newly found hobby and i really have  desire to get better.

in dallas, i got out of face 2 face so much more than learning more about photography though there was plenty of time and opportunities for that.   i feel like i connected with many of the girls, and crazy enough, i'd call several of them "friends".  so today f2f also represents the beginning of new friendships.  ask anyone, i don't use that term loosely.  face 2 face was full of inspiring girls with sooooooooooooooooo much talent, and while yes indeed was out of my league, no one made me feel that way. 

brenda and kristy worked so hard to make face 2 face such an awesome experience.  they have put together a great team of moderators that kinda led the way this weekend and i truly couldn't be more grateful.    i feel blessed to have been apart of the workshop that ended in shared knowledge, exchanges of cell phone numbers, hugs, and even tears.  it was incredible.

this week i'm posting a few pics of two stunning teens that served as senior models for us.  these girls are absolutely gorgeous. i loved how sweet and yet confident they were.  mostly, i loved how connected they were as friends.  my friends mean the world to me and seeing the relationship between these two in the short time we had with them, made  me 1) miss highschool and 2) miss my besties.

so new...this is a totally new experience for me.  i'm a momtog afterall and for the most part have only taken pics of my girls. 

new...i loved it.


k...really...they are gorgeous, huh?

more workshop shares to come when i get the energy to go through them all.   i accidently deleted a memory card full of images and i'm praying my friend, breeze will be able to recover them.

now, for the not so new.  if you've been here before, you know the drill, click on over to the blog of Kelly Baxter | Seattle Natural Light Photographer to see her take on new/beginnings.

see you next friday!

30 comments:

Kelly said...

Gorgeous!!! I am sooooo jealous!

Chrissy said...

That's so awesome, Hope! You're so lucky to have had such a great experience and the images you've brought back are beautiful! Hope you get the deleted ones back!!

Hannah said...

Beautiful images! It sounds like such an amazing time.

Jayme Franklin said...

Hope these are fabuloso! I so wanted to be at f2f and now you are making me regret even more not going. I love these images!

Jasmine Sargent said...

Hope these are absolutely gorgeous. Your processing is fantastic on them! It was so great to meet you. You are so very sweet and I look forward to watching your work grow! xoxo

breeze said...

These are AMAZING. You are the sweetest and expect an email from me today.

Amanda said...

Awesome photos!! It sounds like so much fun! I hope you can recover your lost images.

AmyMae said...

These are just beautiful, Hope. Stunning. Great captures and pp.

Shauna said...

OH MY WORRRRRRRRRRRRRRD... You knocked these outta the park m'lady! Love, love everything about them! So super mega gorgeous!

Krista said...

Hope - I'm speechless - these are amazing!!!!! Your pping is perfection! You knocked it out of the ballpark and to the moon and back! Be very proud!

Renee said...

I so wish I could have come, it sounds like a wonderful experience.
Your pictures are divine, the rich colours are to die for

Anonymous said...

Super gorgeous girl, you did awesome. can you believe how beautiful those seniors were? You did a fabulous job processing them! It was so great meeting you, you are one awesome person!

Shea Parker said...

So pretty!! are you in love with the 85mm lens? I love the shots of these girls and I loved getting to know you!! And you so were not out of your league!!

melissa deakin said...

oh hope, these are such amazing images!
wow.
i love what you wrote and that you had such a great time at f2f.
perfect images for 'new'!

Alli said...

Love these images you captured at the workshop! I have never been to one for many of the reasons you listed above but maybe I should give it a try!

wendy said...

Hope! These are beautiful! I love them. And I love your blog's new look!! Did you do that yourself?

Kensya said...

These portraits are absolutely wonderful!

Linsey said...

Oh my word Hope!!! These are GORGEOUS!!!! I cannot get over how beautiful these pictures turned out. I love your post-processing!!!! I can't wait to see more. P.S. I love, seriously, love your new blog.

angie said...

Hope these are beautiful! Yay for new things :)

Jen said...

Gorgeous photos! I'm so happy for you that you got to go to the workshop, I'm jealous!! Can't wait to see more!

The Rancher's Wife Kate said...

it was so great to read about your experience at f2f. I hope to someday do the same thing...and you have given me that little extra oomph that I need if/when they do it again. :)
Beautiful images!!!

Gigi said...

Hope... you are rock'n the Photoshop Baby!!! ;P Love them! Good luck in recovering the files...they should be there. I deleted a card by accident and hubby was able to recover them. So glad you had a great time at F2F. Cant wait to see more!

Team Jaeski said...

Oh Hope, these are fabulous! I can't believe you feel like everyone else is out of your league. I would NEVER believe that seeing these awesome photos! I'm glad you found f2f to be so much more than you were expecting!

jules said...

oh hope! these are stunning! way to go!!!
loved spending some time with you last week! hope the card/image got worked out ok.

maureenwilson said...

totally gorgeous images!! and it was great to meet you and get to know you better!! xoxo.

Anonymous said...

wow! double wow! these are so beautiful! I also struggle with not feeling like a real photographer...but you shouldn't feel that way, you are great!

Anonymous said...

HOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!! These are AMAZING images!! Your processing is insane! Out of your league? Waaaa? I hope you can recover those images. If they're anything like these ones, I'd be crying my eyes out.

Unknown said...

beyond LOVE these Hope....and you are a real photographer by the way!!! So glad we got to meet you last weekend! You are stuck with us as friends whether you like it or not!!

Amy Lucy said...

Yeah, these are totally fantastic, momtog!! So glad I got to meet you and your sweet personality in real life. So proud to call you my friend!

emily horton said...

Um... I missed going through our circle last week... these are INCREDIBLE!!! wow. I love these. :)

Post a Comment

Followers