52 fridays 05|52 motions

yay!  excited to be back this week.  last week, i was snowed under and my left brain thought that meant that  i couldn't shoot right here at home!  i'm going to go back and do the signs theme at some point.

as reflected below, we are still snowed under.  at this point, we all have cabin fever and starting about a week ago, i realized how much i missed going through the motions of normalcy.  my everyday routine. i missed heading out the front door to get the mail.   i missed just driving down my street.  i even missed waiting in traffic for my exit.  i missed heading into the office.  crazy a bit, huh?  well here in tulsa, things shut down when we have major snowstorms like this.  our city just wasn't prepared.  don't get me wrong, i enjoyed getting to snuggle with my girls a bit more, but cabin fever is starting to get the best of all of us.

funny how we take for granted the parts of day where we are just going through the motions...



i'm glad that temps are warming up this weekend and things will return to normal.  i was back on the road today and it felt like home :)

i am excited to see what the other ladies have come up with for motions - i know several of us found this one difficult.  keep the circle going and head on over to Kelly Baxter | Seattle Natural Light Photographer's  blog.

new here, and wondering what 52 fridays is all about?  read here and here.

hope to see you next friday!

23 comments:

Hannah said...

I love this interpretation Hope. It's good to see you back :)

Jessi said...

Hi Hope! Glad you are back. I understand the meaning of getting life back into motion after snow. For some reason it just sucks the life out of you! Great job, as awlays!

Chrissy said...

Nicely done, glad to have you back :)

Melissa said...

Brrr! So cold! Love these!

The Rancher's Wife Kate said...

Hey Hope, it is so true that we take the normal motions of life for granted! Loved your post this week. Can't wait to post mine...soon soon. :)
I am learning patience!!!

KellyW said...

Love the direction you went with your photos this week. A break in the routine is nice, but cabin fever can drive the best of us beserk.

Emily Horton said...

What a nice take on the theme. I can relate, as we've had that same surprising snow in TX... it was fun at first, then... okay, we've had enough. :-)

Shauna said...

What an awesome interpretation.. love your post.. love your images.. it's all awesome :) So glad you're back!

Unknown said...

Oh, Hope, these are awesome!

We got snowed in a couple years back, and I started to feel like writing "all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy" over and over!! I know how you feel!! Glad you were able to escape a bit!

east end jenn said...

Love what you did with this! So creative and photojournalistic. The PP'ing is just perfect.

Team Jaeski said...

Wow, what a unique and REAL take on your group's theme this week. Glad you're able to get out and about again!!

Kelly B. said...

Wow Hope! I just can't imagine having weather like that and that much snow! No wonder you are going stir crazy! That snow is CRAZY! Very cool shots! I hope spring comes your way very quickly!

Lisa Turner said...

I think the best thing about these images is how they look so great together.

Gigi said...

Great interpretation! We missed you last week! Love the processing too. Great job Hope!

Shea Parker said...

Glad you are back hope, and that is a lot of snow! Can't wait to see you later this week! Hope you don't get snowed in before face 2 face

aubry said...

great shots, i love these black and whites, burrrrr - happy to be in aizona

Laura said...

I agree with Aubry, happy to be somewhere warm! Love the outlook on this!

melissa deakin said...

hope, these are fantastic!
i love your take on motion.
and i am with you...i have had enough of winter!

Krista said...

Hi Hope - what a great interpretation of the theme....not once did I even think of that - you are a very clever girl! Super glad you are back - I always look forward to your photos. Great job - love the one with all the snow piled up - where it's pure , unspoiled, no one has touched. That is God's work!

jules said...

love how you documented this! hope you have your days return to normal soon.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures Hope, I love your black and white conversions, they are beautiful!!! Great way to see motion!

Amy Lucy said...

Love the creativity you've shown here, Hope! Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

i love all the dreamy snow pictures and the bw edits!

Post a Comment

Followers