52 fridays 12 | 52 food

we've made it to week 12 in this project.  this week's theme is food - something that i love.  i'm pretty passionate about a particular kind of food though...cake!  i love cake.  but not just any cake.  i love pretty cakes.  to my palate, they taste better when they are custom, ooak, and pretty.   here is a cake that i had made for my friend brandy's baby shower.  it was made to match this shower invite from etsy seller andbear


eta:  the cake is from icing on the top here in tulsa owned by jennifer jones. 

now that your mouth is watering, head over to kelly baxter | seattle natural light photographer.  i've peeked, she has something quite yummy...um...i mean lovely in store!

missed past weeks themes?  see below for links to the first few!
self portrait - week 1
shades of red - week 2
warmth - week 3
motions - week 5
love - week 6

14 comments:

emily horton said...

Beautiful cake! I love the way you did the background + table... so it all blended into one... really highlights the cake itself. Wonderful photo! :)

Kelly B. said...

YOU MADE THAT!!!?? Wow! Beautiful Hope! You are sooo.. talented! You should go into business! OH! You could make the wedding cake AND be their wedding photographer!

TOLIVER FAMILY said...

lol! no kelly i didn't...i wish...well kinda wish. i'd be way overweight if i could bake! :)

Jenn said...

Hope-serioulsy?? you made that WOW! I need your expertise soon for my kids b-days coming up! You are a woman of MANY talents girl!

Gail said...

dang you! I was having a cake desire free day - until now!!! love the photo

melissa deakin said...

that is a gorgeous cake, hope.
i love pretty cakes to look at and EAT!
i think they taste better too!

Jen said...

I did a double take cause I thought it said that you made this cake! It's very pretty!

Jules said...

that's an awesome cake!

val Spring said...

Yummm!!! What a good looking cake! Your friend Brandy is so lucky to have you!

Nancy said...

That cake is beautiful! Now I would love to be able to taste it :) I know where I want to go if I am ever in Tulsa!!

Jayme Franklin {San Francisco Family Photographer} said...

That is a beautiful cake. I am a huge cake lover too!

Natalie Bray said...

Gorgeous cake! It looks scrumptious! Well done!

Shea Parker said...

yummy! i am a huge fan of cake too. and while it has to be pretty, the icing consistency is even more important!!

Hannah said...

Lovely shot, and what a pretty cake!

Post a Comment

Followers