52 fridays 18 | 52 water

this week's theme is water.  in the picture below, you may question my use of this image for the subject theme.

breast milk is 88 percent water.  water  is a critical resource that we need to grow and stay alive. 

here is my friend brandy and her little hannah when hannah was three months old. because hannah was born so early (26 wks gestation), brandy was limited in the number of feedings she could do at the breast.  at the same time, she was motivated by love and the knowledge of the benefits for her preemie baby. brandy was a pumping queen and managed to have an oversupply of milk for her baby girl before she even nursed her. not only that, i know it gave her a sense of accomplishment that she was doing what she could with her baby in the nicu.

i nursed all three of my girls and one of the things that i loved about it was the level of intimacy. i 100% believe that it was one of the greatest gifts i have given my girls.  i know it's not something that all moms can or want to do.  i totally get that.  but if there was any doubt at the level of initmacy that can still be obtained in bottlefeeding (breastmilk here...but even otherwise), i see it here.  i'm in love with this real moment (even though i chopped their heads). 


now keep the blog circle going and visit kristen | kms photography. 

missed past weeks themes?  see below for links to the first few!
self portrait - week 1
shades of red - week 2
warmth - week 3
motions - week 5
love - week 6



25 comments:

emily horton said...

Absolutely beautiful. So soft and the light is perfect. LOVE!

Kensya said...

This moment is so beautifully captured! I love how your colors are always so rich and just perfect. Your lighting is always so great!

Shea Parker said...

I LOVE THIS! I pumped for 4 months with my oldest! It takes a lot of devotion! And you are so right about water being a critical resource, I love your take on this!

brandy said...

I like your take on this too...very creative. This is a really good picture, and I'm not saying that because I'm in it. You are good at this.

Val Spring said...

Oh how beautiful this image is! Just the perfect image for such a sweet and beautiful moment. Love this, Hope!

Stacey S said...

Beautiful, soft light couldn't be more perfect for this image.

jules said...

this is so beautiful! love the gentle light on mom and how it highlights her love for her baby!

breeze said...

I can't even put into words how gorgeous this is. Just truly truly beautiful.

Kelly B. said...

Beautiful Hope!

Natalie Bray said...

Amazing light and capture!

Melissa M. said...

Beautiful image! Your blog looks great.

stephanie said...

Sooooo beautiful and serene. Love how you captured this moment! :)

Heidi said...

So so pretty...love the light here too! I love your blog design! :)

ShannonW said...

Beautiful. The baby and mama are GORGEOUS. Love the soft light too. Very dream-like!

Rebecca Spencer said...

Stunning photo, totally breath taking and you've processed it beautifully too.

Holly Thompson said...

I how soft, sweet, and dreamy this precious moment is... wonderful capture, story, and processing. Great work!!!

Mrs. Fun said...

Beautiful photo!!!!

janders@wi.rr.com said...

What a sweet, tender moment between mother and child. Beautiful!

Jamie Rubeis said...

Beautiful capture! I have been seeing quite a few of these similar shots this week! Must be a universal theme, and no one knows it! ;)

Unknown said...

what a beautiful moment! LOVE!

Jessica Holden said...

Oh, this is one of the most beautiful mama/daughter images I've seen! Mama is just lovely, and her daughter darling, and the light and mood are just so soft and sweet... It's gorgeous!

jessidee said...

Hope I love this so much! Breastfeeding was one of the best times in my life! There is NOTHING more special! Beautiful image!

Stacey H said...

This is so incredibly beautiful! Mom is gorgeous, but the relationship you captured is AMAZING! It brings tears to my eyes. I am pretty sure I am done with the nursing years-I have four children. I loved the bonding time that it provided with my little one. I am always amazed at moms who pump in order to bottle feed their little ones breast milk. It is an amazing sacrifice! I also love the lighting in this image-especially on mom. Fabulous work!!!

Lisa Turner said...

I pumped with my oldest for 3 months! It's exhausting but worth it. Beautiful capture Hope.

Hannah said...

This is absolutely beautiful. Oh, the light! And I know I've said it before, but I love the baby's name ;)

Post a Comment

Followers